Friday, June 22, 2007

As the Novelty wears off

Now that its been a while the frustration begins to kick in. The first few weeks were great with mini sphiphanies every second. Seeing a different way of doing business, exploring another culture, meeting people, learning new things, finding my feet.

But with it comes some things that just don't seem to be sorting itself out. I feel like i come from a clock work society and at times its a shock to the system when some things just don't get done.

The culture and fitting in, questions as to how much i should be me and how much i should adapt. The differences between men and women and the way they interact. Being here it really makes me realise the assumptions i make in my daily life as they no longer hold up.

Today its another day at the office and the details of my project and why i am here are still unclear. At first i thought they had it under control, they always had something for me to do. Study this, learn this, go on a customer visit and it was great and they were friendly and encouraging. I am beginning to think that its all somewhat of a distraction because there is no project. Either that or they don't want me to work on it.

My attempts to ask for something and draw up a plan once again got a wait. Sometimes with the Indians it seems that you just need to be patient and they will sort it ou. Yet some things seem to just drag on and on.

So why am i here away from the comforts of home?

No comments: