Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Elusive search for that perfect man

Its was a random friday night and i was out just going through the motions, feeling slightly over it and not entirely content with the state of friendships around me. Bar hopping and eventually ending up there, spotting an old friend and striking up a conversation with his friend.

I whispered no as my friend asked me if i needed rescuing. I was having an interesting conversation, i couldn't be bothered dancing and there was a stool i could sit on. I was happy to have my chat and sip my drink.

Eventually deciding to head home i grab my friends and say goodbye. He catches me by surprise as he asks for my number. I give him what i think is the correct one and hope i didn't muck it up in between changing phones so many times. And if i did, what a nice guy but i guess i thought life would go on.

Still when he messaged with the promise of a dinner i still did not think through much. I fitted him in three weeks later for a date amongst my busy schedule.

And then it all happened. Three weeks later he had worked it all out and swept me off my feet. Its amazing how life brings forth the moment unexpected moments. He was right in front of me and as i got to know him he becomes more delicious.

I think of him all the time.

We are still in that madness of dating, of savoring moments, of knowing and not knowing. This time though i think it will work.

Its makes me think however, i never realized from first impressions who he could be? If it were not for the mutual friend i may never have spoken to him.

How many people do we overlook, underestimate in our search for that perfect man?

No comments: