Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Perhaps there will never be a him

Sometimes you can live your life in the shadows. I don't think for the most part i do. But then again when it comes to relationships and falling in love with a fairytale, i live in my own fantasy world. Sometimes the men slip away as my fantasy world is so great, they don't even get a foot in the door.

The thing is lately, i've been thinking that perhaps i will never meet the perfect him. That perhaps i am ok with that.

I meet plenty of men. I think i always will. The thing is the right ones don't excite me. The latter has immense emotional issues and causes much distress.

Then i think about how i have it all. Ocean views, earning enough for two, even three people, a striving career and a touch for thrill and adventure. I think of what's excited me recently.  It was the possibility of climbing a glacier, learning to ice climb, attempting some of the highest peaks in the world, writing that business plan for world domination...It was also moments spend with family that i value so much.

The latest thrills were not about him or falling in love. If anything they represent the sadness in my world.

So perhaps i do not need him. So perhaps if i do not meet the man of my dreams thats just A.Ok with me. Perhaps i will be happier this way.

I can keep dating. I will keep having men in my life. He just won't be a soul mate thats all. Perhaps because that soul mate doesn't exist. Its too late. I've learnt to live on my own and now no one can stand up and shine. 

No comments: