Thursday, January 21, 2010

The many yesterdays long gone

And today i was searching through my past for contacts from long ago. A business trip taking me to the other side of the world. A place of past significance.

And i could tell through my trip back through memory lane that times had changed. Emails long forgotten, pages and pages of notes, missing each other, describing one anothers life, the effort and the will. Emails of love long lost, of the passion and intensity of hurt, of caring and of spending the time to show that you do. Tears flow freely as i read, remembering a time when these walls which surround me didn't exist. When the walls surrounding my friends and lovers did not exist.

These days life is described in facebook status messsages, with an sms in 160 characters, with a glance at a photo in a newsfeed. These days i wait for the phone to ring because otherwise he's just not into me. These days we all have three hundread friends but know not any all that well.


No comments: