Saturday, October 01, 2011

Goodbye sweet romance

It’s one of those funny feelings. If I had of kept going, so would you of. We could have kept going for years on end. No real depth, a little bit of mediocrity mixed with a longing to be with somebody.

I walked away because I wanted more. Your actions or lack thereof has affirmed my view of you. Doing the absolute minimum to get by leading a semi content yet insignificant existence. Your not reaching for the stars and I applaud your ability to be happy with the status quo.

And then I can’t blame you for anything. You were always just yourself. I on the other hand was living fairytales in my mind. I was projecting what I want out of life and what I want in a man onto yourself in false pretense. You and I were never going to be a match if I had of had my eyes wide open.

Sometimes we get caught up in the first flushes of lust disguised as a to be love and are blinded to the reality which is right before us.  Goodbye sweet romance, to falling asleep in your arms and waking up and feeling the warmth of another.

We were never to be….

No comments: