Saturday, July 08, 2023

As you start fading away from my head

 I do still miss you. Those moments. The touch of you. cuddling up. The way you brushed my hair aside and rang your fingers through it. Staring into your eyes and touching your face. Holding your hand while we cuddled, while you grabbed my hand while we were crossing the road, while you were driving, and all those time we shared a little squeeze of the hand while locking eyes and a smile and how gentle you were with me, the perfect gentlemen, opening doors, gently grazing your hand over my lower back gently as we spend time together.  When you told me to come down so i could see you in your car and uniform and you looked so cute and we locked eyes wanting to at least touch hands but we both new we couldn't. 

I know it's over. I prolly won't see you again even if the chance arose. It's broken beyond repair. And rather than making it worse, I would love to hold onto these memories which bring a smile to my face when I think of you.

And all those plans we had. Those hikes, getting me that leather jacket and helmet so I can go for a ride on your bike, The pasta you were meant to make me, that bike ride we spoke about, that you were meant to take me for a drive in my car, the time I was going to spend at yours, that run I was going to join you for, that african restaurant we were going to try. I'll live them out in my head and i'll smile while having those good times. 

My memory of you will always be of fondness and a smile.  You were one of the loveliest humans i have ever met.  I'm sorry it had to come crashing down on us the way it did. 

No comments: