Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catching a glimpse of paradise

With the ocean on one side, the palm trees by the road, a few beamers cruising by and tunes on my ipod, i jog along with my head held high.

I feel lucky to be alive, lucky for this to be regular, lucky that i am fit and healthy, lucky to be surrounded by other fit and healthy people. Jogging along as i watch the ocean waves hit the shore i feel a slightly calming effort. The new group of beach volleyballers and their antics and mastering the art call for a short chuckle while i watch the kite boarders attempt impossible feats in the backdrop. The occasional family with the pram or kids, a couple holding hands makes me smile with a tad of envy for a world i am not apart of.  I pass dogs on leashes, other jogger by's, the odd indian tourist and smile at the eclectic world that i have immersed myself in. 

The oceans calming and sometimes i walk along the shore, staring into the distance, astounded by its greatness. I think of other lives, of friends and lovers made on other shores and the future which awaits. The world is my oyster and the ocean the path. 

This is where i think, this is where i teach myself to be happy, this is where i feel lucky to be alive. The evening colours of pink and orange as the sun says goodbye for another day, the beam of sunshine which strike down through the occasional cloud, the lights and the city which comes alive as night falls, all come together to create one of those moments.

For just a moment it seems like i've caught a part of paradise.

No comments: