Friday, October 03, 2008

Life as a Alpha Femme

I've always been the alpha femme, successful, beautiful, smart, with my life together and the world wrapped around my little finger. Never really with a drought of savvy eligible men but then never really in a committed relationship either.

I expect the world to bend to my rules. If i intimidate a man away, thats his problem, not mine. Its about setting your standards high and finding a man that can handle all that is me.

Typically i always thought it was the alpha male that was meant for me. Strong, successful, on top of his game, no need to be intimidated by myself as his life is so successful.

Yet i read an article on the psychology of alpha males and females which brought on one of those lightbulb moments. Alpha males in general are driven by insecurities, there are many other men on his footstep just waiting to take him on. Alpha females on the other hand are unique, take on that non-traditional role, make the rules and are truly and honestly confident.  

This article went on to say an alpha male needs validation, yet with an alpha female, he meets his match or gets intimidated. Its not to say all women would have this effect but its an interesting observation.

So what does it mean for me? It doesn't have to mean anything. My dream man will come along at the right moment and i'll just know.   Its a matter of being true to myself and living my in such a way that i have a smile on my face each morning and night. 

Life always blossoms into all that is beautiful.


No comments: