Saturday, April 30, 2011

Goodbye to an Ex from long ago

I thought i had got over him a very long time ago. Its been about 6 years since we were an item. So much time has passed. He moved on. I moved on. We catch up a couple of times a year and it feels like no time has passed.

The thing is, all these years i kept thinking if the time arose, that we could somehow make it work.

This last catch up was different. I was listening to him thinking we have nothing in common. He wanted to go to the states and check out history and architecture, he wanted to play two up on Anzac day and couldn't wait to get to that footy match. I wanted to climb mountains, go rock climbing, spend Anzac day with my family.

We could not be more different from each other.

Its funny how sometimes you look back and you notice these things where that whole other time you thought you were a perfect match.

And on that thought i cast my insights onto a more recent G. What was it that made me feel we were perfect for each other. A man that spend all his time working and the latter partying with his buddies. We didn't have deep conversations or moments of spark. I was always hoping he would be impressed by me, trying to be a member of the status quo and fit in.


No comments: