Saturday, December 04, 2010

Lost in translation

I'm in Tokyo and i always wondered what it would be like. Its kind of like i am living out that movie, except there is no boyfriend on business whose five star luxury i am trapped in. Its me on my own and i haven't quite met another similar soul.

There is something about five star hotel that makes it ever so lonely. I have the perfect room, the perfect view and its all on a charge card to someone else. I'm looking out over Tokyo from the 25th floor as i speak. I have a ledge just as scarlett Johansen did. This is what i have always wanted.

Today was just another day living in someone elses world. I traversed the subways of Tokyo, not knowing a word of japanese, exploring Shibuya and Shinjuku. Its a busy, bolstering city with modern day lights and infrastructure and a touch of quirky cool. While the experiences are amazing that i get to have, without a friend to share it with, without a friend to make jokes of those moments, is it really worth it? What am i getting from this?

No comments: