Thursday, September 16, 2021

Life with you is easy and simple

 There is nothing too exciting but yet the companionship and the care and warmth and stability is just as alluring. We do everyday things. We are really good friends. We joke around. It's not like some random guy I am dating. You're my friend and we hang out. And sometimes there are silences with no need to fill them. And sometimes there are murmers or hugs or the squeeze of your hand or nothing at all or everything. And it feels so easy and natural. 

And I've started to be able to look into your eyes when we talk. And I like your arms and chest. I really really like them. 

And your suburban lifestyle no matter how mediocre it is, it's good for me. I feel safe and secure and I like it. The days spent in each others lives and arms. Cooking, eating, working, grocery shopping and going for walks, watching TV, drinking and hanging out with your dog. Somehow that feels like bliss. I feel all tingly as I lie in your arms on the couch. For we brush against each other in the kitchen, on the footpath on a walk, in the grocery store. 

And to think you were always there. But I needed to get to a point in my life to appreciate you so.

And now I do. 

No comments: