Monday, June 14, 2010

Speeding through life on the back of your motorbike

Once a long time ago, i was speeding through the wonders of Goa on the back of your motor bike, with the wind in my hair. I clutched onto you as we sped by the little towns, through paddy fields and beautiful mountains, beaches and curious minds.

I felt so special, i felt so alive. I saw the wonder in the others eyes. Was it because of us and what we shared, was it that you were so powerful or was it something in myself, that glint in our eyes?

What i do know is that i felt alive. It was one of those moments where you know the memory will linger with you forever. I loved the feel of your bare skin, i loved the wind through my hair, i loved the world that i was apart of.

I knew i did not belong, i knew that the moment was fleeting, but it was that moment where i got to star in my very own fairytale.

I still think that all the heartache that followed was worth it. Its moments like that where you feel so alive, where you appreciate the finer things, that you grow, that you smile, that you know you have lived.


No comments: