Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Am i finally growing up?

Dear M,

I thought of you again today. Your not really in my thoughts all that much, but sometimes you enter into my mind and i remember those sweet moments of romance on that tropical beach. It seems a lifetime ago though. Time can sometimes move fast and slow at the same time if you get what i mean.

I'm in another city now, my home time. I think i'm quite content perhaps. Things are a bit cloudy at the moment as i try to find my place. Being back at my parents feels a little wierd. I'll be here for a bit longer though. 

I've decided to buy an apartment in St Kilda.  These things take time though, choosing a loan, choosing a house, waiting for settlement, moving in.  It will probably be another 4-5 months before my life gets sorted.  I'm entering that adult world of mortgages and interest rates and real estate agents. 

I'm going it alone which makes it all the harder. In some ways i'm lucky, i can afford it and i don't need that second income from a partner. But then at other times i wish for some company. Buying a house, isn't that supposed to be some right of passage to be experienced with your significant other? Sometimes i get scared that i am becoming so successful 

No comments: