Sunday, March 27, 2011

In retrospect we were not that great

Yesterday i went on another rock climbing date and this time it was not with you.

Its funny how people come in to your world to teach you things. I learnt to rock climb, i reignited my passion for mountains and always being the best and i learnt that all that glitters isn't so. I learnt that perhaps the powerful men of your world is not what i want deep down.  I learnt that having an awesome body just didn't make all that much difference. 

And in those learnings i met another man. One that had a passion for climbing and was somewhat of a dreamer without needing to prove their ego to the world. 

I look in his eyes and see dreams of fairytale romances and wonder about the world. I see honesty and a good heart.  And we could look each other in the eyes and laugh and their was never a quiet moment. We almost forgot to rockclimb because we were so entranced in conversation.   We walked away on a perfect note. It was about spending time together and nothing more. 

I thought i had had an amazing time with you. Now that i think back, i didn't know what to say, it was slightly awkward, and it was about pushing ourselves to the limits. We didn't talk about the world, we didn't get lost in conversation, we didn't fall in love. 

Sometimes its easy to live your life in a dream. I'm glad i said goodbye to you becuase its only when you close one door that you open another.

No comments: