Thursday, September 08, 2011

On reclaiming myself

I think it takes me a little while to let go. I've become more mature and not as reactive. I feel that i opened up to you and gave you all that i had but that your just not ready for it. I tried to hold onto it as well but i see things pretty clearly.

I just take time to let go.

And i don't hate you. We are just at different places in life. I just slowly start seeing you as a friend and not as a lover.

Tomorrow night is the start of spring. Its time to party with my best friends. The weekend is full of friends, sports and enjoying life in the most livable city in the world. 

There will be no time to wait for a call from you that never comes.

And the reality is i am thinking of others. Not anyone in particular per se. Just that craving to open my heart up to a summer of love with someone new. I'm a little stronger, a little more emotionally open and have learnt a few more lessons and love myself a tad more than i did before.

Most of all i am smiling and happy.

No comments: