Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm just another one, just like the rest of them

They tell you things about business school. About breaking ups and stress levels and losing yourself and finding yourselves and moments of despair and panic and pleasure and loss.

You think your not one of them. That somehow your better than them. But the thing is your human too. You get caught up in it all. The stress kicks in and then they increase the dial. They throw a million things at you, once in a lifetime opportunities amongst the threats of failure and ruin. You don't know which way to look.

Some times i look around and see looks of pure panic and alarm around me.  I feel sick. I lose sight of who i am. I make mistakes. It takes you breaking up with me to take the time to stop and realise this.

But you know what. Life is tough right now but i am proud of myself. I am a good person. I did the best i could.

If you decide to walk away from me, i will let you go.

I am no longer the girl by your side. 

No comments: