Friday, December 30, 2011

Light bulb moment

So this is one realtionship i really do not want to stuff up, yet i know there are some things that are fundamentally wrong with me and also certain issues that i have not worked through in my head which may be impacting on the way i feel and behave.

So yesterday i went and saw a councillor. And it was mass moments of revelations that i had not even thought of. The reasons i thought were clear and simple, were just not the case.

So the the alcoholism from my dad in my childhood and the constant fighting and tension filled air of my childhood is having an effect on me despite my close relationship with my family these days. It seems i have learnt to be anxious through childhood because thats all i know and i associate it with any close relationships.

Hence why i feel that way regardless of how good things are going. The last two days, the strategies she helped me out with together with being conscious of this has really helped.

Its tough but i want to make the new man in my life work. Its not all rosy, but life is about compromise.

No comments: