Sunday, January 15, 2012

Love is a rollercoaster

It's a funny thing love. Or that feeling somewhere between like and love. He came on so strong and recently I've just been trying to be nice. But it's time to take a step back, maintain some balance.

We really are two people trying to see if we are meant to be together. Two people who have lived their lives, fallen in love and had their hearts broken one too many times. Sometimes it's baby steps to let yourself love again.

He thinks we are moving too fast. He is stressed. He acts like he can't get enough of me sometimes.

Today I felt sad a little. Because sometimes I would love some reassurance. Because he is adding everyone but me on Facebook.

So far he has deserved the benefit of the doubt. He has been wonderful and I feel secure.

Patience is key , and continuing to live my life to the fullest.

Today I went for a walk down by the lake and sat on the grass listening to some tunes. It was beautiful really. It's that beautiful place to get some fresh air, contemplate the world, feel lucky for all that you have and develop the confidence to walk away or stay, knowing that life will be beautiful regardless.

Here is a man where I think we could have a future. But by no means am I disillusioned. Time will tell. Am I in love with what could be rather than what is?

I recall my first love, extreme highs, the courage to be brutally honest without knowing what hurt feels like, and conversations that transcend time.

Sometimes we feel like dry toast. I wonder if we could ever just open up. That real deep conversations.

Only time will tell...

No comments: