Saturday, July 23, 2011

Your the only one that did not call

So i have many a man calling me all friday and saturday night long, competing for my attention and that oh so hard to get date. And i consider then and i turn them down and they keep chasing even harder.

And then there's you. The man i want to be with. You get me when it's convenient for you.

I wonder why you do not call on a friday or saturday. As a man why you don't want to claim date night and me. Why you leave it open to chance for another man to enter my heart, take me out and move in on your space.

I'm scared to give myself to you, incase your playing games with my heart. No other man means as much but there is a little piece of self preservation in me that does not want to close any doors in case you hurt me. Right now i am hurt that you do not crave to see me. It hurts that my favourite part of being with you is waking up in your arms on a saturday or sunday and all you can spare is a late night romp during the week.

Is it the ups and downs with you that i crave? Is it the drama? The men that are right in front of me are making no mark.

I still think of another. Sometimes i think i should just let things be and let you decide i am worth it or not. But this is for another reason. For there is a man that stole my heart some time ago, and i have claimed back most of it, but he still has a tiny little spot and i harbour a little hope that he will call me up and offer to swoop me off my feet. And when he does make that call, i'll be free as you have not bothered to make me that special part of life.

Perhaps all i should do now is enjoy the moments and let life unroll.

No comments: