Thursday, July 04, 2019

On a career that goes in leaps and bounds

So this morning I met up with a director at a global firm. Chatting about next steps and if there is opportunities that may match.

The conclusion was that I would be suitable for a global deal lead role at this particularly successful multinational if the role were to come up. And I had the confidence to ask for exactly what I wanted and he saw that confidence in me to believe in me.

It was so natural meeting him. Reminiscing about the old days when he was my boss' boss. He hired me initially back 10 years ago.

And we have all now left but we are all doing so well.

Sometimes its about enjoying life and the opportunities that come your way when you are true to yourself, honest and genuinely trying to be a good person. 

No comments: