Thursday, July 11, 2019

One of the lucky ones

Sometimes you end up in a self fulfilling prophecy. One of the lucky ones. You work hard but the opportunities just get given to you by some magical means.

So even back in the homeland I went to the same school as the presidents daughter. My kinder interview to decide how much my parents would pay for me to go to school was in English and for some reason I killed it even though that was a second language.

And in oz, being so young and so much ahead on the education curve, I rose quite quickly and assimilated so well.

And then the scholarships came in high school. Ending top in an elite private girls school with priveledges most can only dream of.

And then I graduated in top 3% and went onto the best uni in the country and got the best paying part time jobs and lived at home and enjoyed my uni days. I had it easy but I did work hard to succeed.

And the confidence and self fulfilling prophecies just continues. I just believed I was the best of the best and my environment just fed on that and made it a reality.

I got a job in a multinational destined to make me a leader. My career rose. And a few years later I decided that I only wanted to move up so far, For happiness comes with wealth but you don't need to be a millionaire.

Although I did date many millionaires. The boys arrived. They wanted my hand.  There was helicopters and boats and yachts and expensive restaurants and anything I could desire.

Somehow it was not enough. And I bought my perfect place. On my own.

And now I have met a man that is spiritual and downsizing.

And maybe the simpler life is all I want.

Who knows. Time will tell. But I have been lucky.


No comments: