Monday, July 01, 2019

Doing what you love

So my companies not been doing well lately and as a result I haven't really been selling anything. Just helping out with execution while waiting for us to somehow come out at the other end - most likely with a new owner and another name.

I've been passing time and getting involved with various bits of interesting things but also getting a work life balance that I've never really had before. Enjoying the life part but pretty unproductive and bored at work regardless of whether I have things to do or not.

And then today my manager asked me to do a rare sales activity in preparation for some other things. I was the most productive ever and thoroughly enjoyed the day. It really made me realise that I am in the right role. I have found that thing I am passionate about. And when you have passion there is focus and productivity. It was a great piece of quality work too.

It's a nice affirmation.

No comments: