Monday, July 15, 2019

We become our ex's

A very long time ago a friend had a theory. For every guy we break up with, in the next relationship we act like our ex. For some reason there is some truth to that.

Lets start from most recent to the past.

My ex was super spiritual, going to many workshops and retreats and telling me all about it and I felt like I didn't have much on. Now I am doing the same and telling the new potential men all about it.

The ex before was passive and weak and not too motivated. I was like that with A.

D was a social butterfly and the life of the party and always made me laugh. I was like that with N.

D was destructive and hurtful and passive aggressive. I was like that with D.

R was aloof and just wanted to do things his way. I was sort of like that with D.

D was lovely and innocent and supportive. I was like that with R.

Well lots more but I think there is a trend in this. 

No comments: