Friday, October 29, 2010

I love airports

And this is not the words of someone ever green to flying. I travel a lot. All the time. I'm at the airport almost weekly, sometimes twice or thrice even.

My world is that of limosines, cabs, airport check-ins, business lounges, five star hotels, two hat restaurants, pitches in the boardrooms of the corporate world overlooking national icons, 24/7 conference calls and most of all that rush of a feeling that i am making the world spin.

I'm super organised. My have packing light down to an art. Within ten minutes i have it all, everything needed to make me beautiful, three pairs of shoes to make any occassion, bikini for a hotel swim, a little black dress just in case and that all important power suit with nothing less than a cufflink shirt.

I breeze through priority checkins, sweep past security, every now and then buy a book and listen to some tunes. The airport is my meeting place. Business meetings, bumping into casual acquaintances, long lost friends and the occasional man that catches my eye. Its a buzz of activity and i love watching the world move on, the hustle and bustle of people going from somewhere to somewhere.

To me it does not matter where i go or where i come from. Its the journey of going some place that matters

Each time i'm there i feel free. Free that i am heading off somewhere or coming back. Free that i am all alone. Free that for a few hours there will be just me, no communication, no mobile, no one can get in touch.

Its my time to myself amoungst strangers i can befriend or block out from my world with some tunes. Its that feeling of comfort as we soar through the air, hang out in the clouds, eat, drink and have a moment to oneself.

No comments: