Thursday, November 18, 2010

From the Lobby of five star luxury

Its 7:00 in the morning and i step out of the lift of the Marriot into the lobby. Meetings start at 7:30 and I'm waiting for my boss to come down.

A nice old indian lady is sitting nearby and i smile at her. She reminds me of my mother, my auntie and every other sri-lankan elder i have ever known. She starts up a conversation and enquires about my life.

"Are you indian?"
"No, i'm sri-lankan, but its very close and similar"
"I'm from india and live in LA"
"I live in Melbourne"
"Are you here for work"
"Yes"
"Do you work in IT?"
"No, I work in energy"
*Thoughtfull moment*
"Are you an engineer?"
"Yes i am, but these days i work in sales"
*An attractive indian man walks upto her*
"This is my son, he has a sri-lankan friend, he is a surgeon, you should join us for dinner, You should take his email address......"

So i walk away with his email address. He says hello and steps back as his mother is doing quite well with this situation.

Anyway he is a surgeon in LA and very very cute.

Eventually my boss comes my way and we are off for the day.

Its funny what life throws at you, who you meet at the oddest of moments. Lets see where this takes us.

No comments: