Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The other night

There i was out with a friend, creating some mayhem, drinking and enjoying the night. Youthful yet confident from years gone by. Stylish without that tackiness from having been there, done that and having made it.

And i wasn't even looking and suddenly he wants to buy me a drink. And my friend too. And we kiss and we hang out and we have a great conversation. And he wants to go home with me so with a final kiss i give him my number, the hint of needing to be wined and dined alongside some emotional bonding and hopped in a night saying goodbye.

Will he call? Will he not? Who knows but i love the confidence and wisdom that comes from growing old. On learning to accept and respect yourself and seeing people for who they really are. On not letting myself be taken advantage of. Of not waiting for a phone call.

No comments: